Technically, your passport is the property of your government, but there may be some rare cases in which expired passports are kept by any government officials. So, what should we do with our expired passports?
Trash them, or stash them?
There are many reasons to keep your expired passport in a safe place:
- An expired passport may have some unexpired multiple visas of some countries and in that situation, you need to carry your old passport with a valid one.
- Some visa applications require complete details of the countries you visited over the past few years, and a frequent traveler cannot remember all the details. So the expired passport can help you in this matter.
- The expired passports are still your identity proofs and are considered as proof of your citizenship.
- Don’t forget that even your expired passports could be doctored into a fake ID for someone else.
- Your old passport keeps your memories of good times, stunning traveling experiences, and it is also a collection of stamps from all the countries you have visited.
As technology is revolutionizing every field of life traveling is also heavily influenced by technology, but of course positively and progressively. After the introduction of blockchain technology in the traveling industry, traveling is completely transformed into a more secure and innovative industry.